Saturday, August 15, 2009

Because We Love Him So...

There have been many wonderful things done by a lot of wonderful people in honor of my daddy.
A lot of food donated to feed hungry people... he would have been both pleased and surprised at the response. I just don't have the words to properly express my thanks for the words of comfort and the donations made in his memory.


My daughters and I decided on a more permanent memorial. Daddy so enjoyed the hummingbirds that came to his window feeder - it was one of the things he looked forward to when we brought him home from the hospital so we situated his bed in the front room so he would have a clear view.
Our memorial may seem strange to some, but the idea came to us all simultaneously and we just felt compelled and knew it was "right" for us. Three identical hummingbird tattoos... because he loved them so.... because we love him so.

1 comment:

Katidids said...

How wonderful! My Dad loved the Roadrunner, I think its great that you all did it. Wonderful Memorial!