Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's Geeko's Turn and Happy Father's Day!!

My father and my youngest grandson share the same birthday, April 20. It seems appropriate for them to share this post. In keeping with my theme of the last 2 posts, it is, in fact, Geeko's turn; however, it is also a special day for Geeko's birthday buddy, my daddy.
Geeko, at two years old, has the good fortune of having 2 very loving big brothers who willingly include him in all their shenanigans (like they could stop him). He is a very quick study and has no trouble keeping up physically or verbally. He loves to sing and dance and does so with abandon! "I lika dis song," is heard often and his current favorite is the Subway jingle, "Five dolla, Five dolla, uh long" (I'll have to get him on video and post it as it is the funniest thing)!

Being Father's Day, I am also posting one of my favorite shots I have of my daddy and me. He has always been a big influence in my life ~ I am probably the biggest "Daddy's Girl" there is. He has been bravely battling cancer for the last 6 years and it pains me to see him suffer, so my only wish for him today is for the cursed disease to be cured and for his health to return to him so he can enjoy his life and family as he used to BC (before cancer). He doesn't have internet so will likely never see this - he will however know beyond a shadow of a doubt that..."I love you, Daddy!"







4 comments:

FrancisMoore said...

Lovely post about your dad. Francis

RachelD said...

Sweet and charming and poignantly loving, all of it.

And the expressions on that sweet face!! Young man, have I got a girl for you. Call me in 20 years.

Merle said...

Hi Indy ~~ Thank you so much for your comment and I am so glad you enjoy my blog. Lovely to meet you
I am so sorry your Dad is so ill, but I am sure he knows how much you love him. The boys in your
photos are adorable. Take great care, Love, Merle.

dkuroiwa said...

This was so lovely. My dad died, after a long illness, a couple of years ago and when I read your comment about being a "Daddy's girl", I just cried a little. Right before Daddy passed away, I got to talk to him and he said to me, "You're my girl." before we hung up. That was the last time I heard his voice. Treasure the times with your dad tell him every chance you get how much he means to you.

and those pictures? My goodness, those boys are beautiful, but that little one is a doll-baby, isn't he!!
By the way...April 20 is a great day for birthdays....it's mine, too!! :-D
Have a great weekend!